Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Praying for Our Husbands

God has really been working on me in the area of prayer… I feel so many times I just don’t pray enough! Some of that is probably my “perfectionism” thing rearing its ugly head… perfection for me is all or nothing & so many times out of exhaustion it is nothing. I don’t say that in a bragging way, it is something that hurts my heart about me. I do pray throughout my day, & I pray for people on the spot when asked. One area God has really been working on me in is in praying for my husband. For me, I know so many times I take it for granted that he is covered spiritually by his own prayers, but really, you know there is no better person to pray over my husband than me!

So here is the challenge ladies… any of you that have a willing heart, will you join me for the next 16 days to pray over our own husbands? I know some of you are not married, but you can start to pray for the one God has for you in the future, even if you don’t know him yet… really!

I started to read the book, “Praying for Your Husband From Head to Toe,” & in it there is a guide given to pray over different parts of your husband’s body on a daily basis… instead of doing all of it at once, I thought it might be good to take a different part each day for the next 16 days, until we get to the “end” where we will pray over every part each day.

I know for myself because my husband seems strong & he is a great protector I expect a lot from him to take care of me physically. He has a heart of gold & I know he would lay down his life for me or almost anyone, if need be, but what am I doing to protect him & take care of him in the spiritual? This is not an exercise to change my husband… I see it as a way to show how much I love him & how thankful I am for him by praying for God’s blessings over him. Will it change him? Maybe. But one thing I know for sure… it will change me… it has already!

So the place to start would be praying for his mind… humans are made up of mind (soul), body, & spirit. When we receive Christ as Savior our spirit is saved, but our mind or soul still needs to be renewed daily. Our control center is a partnership between our mind & brain… will, feelings & emotions.  God will speak through Holy Spirit directly to our spirit, but so many times there is a miscommunication when it hits our minds… especially if we are not spending time to renew our mind each day. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2

God’s Word  renewing = transformation

Okay, so here it is… as we pray for our husband’s mind pray for his thoughts to be Christ-centered & not fleshly. Pray that as thoughts ramble around in his head during the day… may they be directed by the Holy Spirit & God’s Word. May his decisions be faith based & in the best interest of your family, rather than fear based & selfish. Pray that he looks to Christ to meet his needs & not to himself. Ask God to guard his thoughts, to keep ungodly thoughts away, & honorable thoughts in.

Let’s see what happens… are you willing? If you want, leave me a comment if you will join me in this.

Rejoicing in Truth!

Carin

No comments: