Friday, February 21, 2014

Praying for Our Husbands (part 14)

Praying for our husbands’ legs… I like things that are definite! What I mean by that is I like there to be a definite right answer or a definite wrong answer… it is that wishy-washy stuff in between that drives me crazy!!! Yes, I am very much a black or white kind of girl… the shades of gray in the middle are something I am really working on to show more grace. Like I said before, I am one of those all or nothing people!

So what does my little tangent have to do with our husbands’ legs… standing steady on what is right, no matter what is happening around him. The infallible Word of God is Truth… It is the Rock he can stand on… & the Holy Spirit will walk him through all that is true.

In Daniel 3, you can read about Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego… the young Israelite men who refused to bow to a fake god. They were willing to stand on what they knew was truth, even to the point of standing in the midst of the fire. Trusting God to do what He promised.

Thank God that he gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. So, then, brothers and sisters, don’t let anyone move you off the foundation of your faith. Always excel in the work you do for the Lord. You know that the hard work you do for the Lord is no pointless. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58

As you pray for your husband’s legs, pray that he will stand firm on God’s Truth. Pray that he will not get lost or confused in this ever-changing, unaccountable world. Pray that he will trust the never-changing God, no matter what is to come.

Rejoicing in Truth!

Carin

No comments: