Friday, February 7, 2014

Praying for Our Husbands (part 4)

How’s it going so far ladies? Do you believe your prayers are making a difference? Have you seen a difference in the way you love your husband? Not yet? Keep it up… it will come!

I spent many years trying to change my husband into what I thought he should be. I know my words were not always the kindest… I was very critical of how he did things, like my way was right & his way was pretty much always wrong. If I am totally honest about it, I wanted to control every situation, pretty much. (UGLY!) Then one day, God spoke to my heart about unconditional love. Ouch! I realized I had no clue of what unconditional love looked like… receiving it is easy… giving it not so much. The question I had to ask myself was did I marry this man to change him or did I marry him to build a godly life & marriage? That was when I came to the conclusion… I had to trust God enough to make us, as a couple, into the dynamic duo He wanted us to be for Him. No, it is not perfect, but it is always improving… after all look what God has to work with… humans being renewed daily! *Ü*

So, day 4… praying for our husband’s mouth. Words are so important! Life & death are in the power of the tongue! (Proverbs 18:21) I love how the verse just before that says, A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil].”(v. 20) Have you heard the saying, “you’ll eat your words”? Maybe this scripture is where that phrase came from.

Your husband’s daily life is determined by the words that come from his mouth. His words have the power to change the environment around him. Read what it says in James 3:3-10 about words & the mouth. The bad news… no man can tame the tongue! The good news… with God all things are possible! (Luke 1:37)
Ladies, as we pray… we need to pray that the words our husbands speak would be words that will have a life-giving impact on his life & also on the people he can influence around him. Ask God to set a guard over his mouth & keep watch over the door of his lips. (Psalms 141:3)

Let me just encourage you a little more… Father is so proud of you, His daughter, for loving your husband (or future husband) enough to intercede for him… going before Father on his behalf is a good thing! And besides, “He who finds a true wife finds a good thing & obtains favor from the Lord.” Proverbs 18:22

Rejoicing in Truth!

Carin

No comments: