Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's a Trust Thing...

I want to start out today by asking you some straight forward questions… Are you saved? Have you trusted Christ as your personal Savior?  Do you believe that God’s love for you is so great that He gave His Son to die for your sins?

If your answer is “no” to any of those questions… then first you need to get that taken care of.  Now is the time to pray and ask God to forgive you of your sins, confess to Him that you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, repent (turn from your sinful ways), and declare that you are choosing to live the rest of your life for Him. Romans 10:9-10 says: “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”  Now, if you made that decision… go and tell someone.

As a follower of Christ I see my decision to accept Christ as the biggest decision of my life!  I cannot even grasp how God’s unselfish, unconditional love has changed me.  In order to believe that I am secure in His mighty grip… I have got to trust Him with my whole being. Do you believe that to be true for you as well?  We can trust our Heavenly Father with our eternal destination, yet there are so many times during an average day we do not trust Him with our daily needs!!!???  How does that work… does that even seem possible???

Are you going through a rough patch today? Or you may be dealing with just ordinary, average obstacles.  Is your trust in Christ alone to deal with whatever may come your way today or are you holding onto it with fret and worry?  I was reading in II Corinthians 1:9-10 “Indeed, we felt within ourselves that we had received the [very] sentence of death, but that was to keep us from trusting in and depending on ourselves instead of on God Who raises the dead. [For it is He] Who rescued and saved us from such a perilous death, and He will still rescue and save us; in and on Him we have set our hope (our joyful and confident expectation) that He will again deliver us [from danger and destruction and draw us to Himself],

I am talking to myself as I hope it is also touching your heart.  If God cares for you enough to sacrifice His Son… why wouldn’t He care enough to make the right plan for your life?  When I could see His message to me in this scripture I felt so silly that I realized I don’t always trust God with the “little” things in my life.  I felt like He was saying to me, “Trust Me My precious daughter! I am in control. If I love you enough to give the life of My Son for you, then that should show you I care about every part of your life.”

May I encourage you today… no matter what you may be going through… God cares about you, His precious child.  Throw your hands in the air and tell Him you know He is in control and that you put your complete trust in Him to do what is best for you, no matter how big or small.  Remember the more you rely and trust Him the more strength He will give.

The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a crushed spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all… The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned. Psalms 34:18-19, 22

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: