Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Calling You Out…

What is my calling?  Have you ever heard anyone ask that question?  It is a very “religious” thing to say… or at least I see it that way.  Do you expect God to write “your calling” in the sky?  Do you think it is going to come to you in a magical way?  To put it simply… I believe every follower of Christ has the same calling… to share the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ.  The great commission or duty is given by Christ, “Go to the people of all nations and make them My disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world." Matthew 28:19-20 (CEV) You can find it also in Mark16:14-18.

Okay, so every follower of Christ has a calling to share the Gospel, but everyone is called to share IT in the unique way God gives them.  None of us are the same and that is why the way I share Christ is totally different from how you share Christ.  God has appointed each one of us into positions where we can be the most for Him… mothers, wives, bus drivers, housekeepers… you name it.  He has given each one of us a place to invest our time and talent.  Our gracious Heavenly Father does call us to rest for short seasons.  The rest of the time He calls us to serve… find that place of passion to pour your heart into… maybe a hurting person or a loved one. 

To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:  Ecclesiastes 3:1 (AMP)

If you are wondering where to go or what to do… go to God… He will show you where you can be most effective… He created you and He knows you best.  Do not waste this opportunity! Live in this moment He has given you… it is ALL for His glory.  Don’t let a single day be wasted… grasp this time to make an everlasting impact on those people around you.  It is a privilege to serve the Lord… to be all that He has called you to be… never fail to use any of the great things He has put in you.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5 (AMP)

Now, if you did not know about your calling before… you do now, so what are you going to do about it???  Once you know something you can’t unknow it and this makes you responsible to either obey God’s Word or do nothing… it is your choice.  I know that my desire is to one day hear my Father say, “well done My good and faithful servant.” (Matthew 25:21)  Is it yours?

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: