Friday, July 15, 2011

Boundaries...

How many times do I try to put boundaries on God in my life, instead of trying to live in the boundaries He has placed on my life??? While reading in Jeremiah 5… in verse 22 it talks of how God has marked boundaries for the ocean and it is not allowed to go pass a certain point on the shore.  The waves can roll and roar and get as big as they want but they are only allowed to go onto the shore as far as God allows.
How many times do we draw the line in the sand with our disobedience?  God has a plan for each one of us and all He asks is for our love and obedience. We choose to put a limit on the blessings from God by thinking our way is what is best… sounds ridiculous but how many times do we do that?

“The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]” John 14:21 (Amplified)

There have been many instances in my life lately that have really made me think of how self and disobedience could be getting in the way of God’s work in my life and through my life.  Those moments when someone else’s actions affect me… like it is all about me… NOT!  Realizing that in those times when we put our discomfort above our service for God… are those times that we may be stepping over the line of idolatry… putting ourselves before our mighty God??? Through humility we are able to surrender all conflict to God.  I have learned I need to take a step back and realize what others are doing or not doing is not my problem to fix! (So hard sometimes!!!)

Please read Psalm 119:73-88… there is so much refreshment in this passage.  God has made you the way you are. Our desire should be to learn His Word.  His judgment is right and true.  His tender mercies will be our delight when we humble ourselves to His ways.  All hope needs to be in His Word.  I love what it says in verse 88, “According to Your steadfast love give life to me; then I will keep the testimony of Your mouth [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

Father God, I pray that you will help me to know You are my refreshment. Open my eyes to see that Your Word is water to my dry soul.  I thank You for Your tender mercies, always remembering that You are the hope in any circumstance. Always mindful that Your steadfast love brings life to me.  Help me, Lord, to hear, receive, love and obey Your Word.  In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: