Tuesday, January 3, 2017

WAIT!

Many years I have been given a word that would be a prominent word for the coming year. It was usually something that easily just came to me, but this year... not so much! I’ve been thinking & praying about my “word” for 2017… nothing was really coming… I think I was trying too hard! Trying to figure it out, as I sometimes tend to do... running ahead of God! You never do that, do you?

So this morning, it was made pretty clear… “wait”! WAIT! Really???

I was reading in Psalms 40:1-3 ~ I WAITED patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock. And established my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Patience is not always my forte! It might take time for me to get on board with a new idea or project, but once I do I want to get the “show on the road.” I tend to run a little behind when I am meeting someone… I am guilty of making other people wait for me, but I don’t always like to be the one waiting!

I was having a messaging conversation with a friend the other day about praying for God to open the door for an opportunity. She said God is teaching her patience. Learning patience in the heat of the moment is oh so difficult!

Waiting is hard! You wait at the store checkout, in traffic, for an appointment… like your time is less important than anybody else’s! We do everything we can do to keep the frustration level down… or at least we should! Even harder to wait for is a check that doesn’t come, a wayward child to return to the Lord, or for your spouse’s heart to change. We wait for a child to fill up our arms. We wait for our heart’s desire!

So as I was thinking about the whole “waiting game”… God showed me that I need to not focus on the waiting, but on praising Him through the wait! As David said in verse 3… He puts a new song in my mouth… a song of praise! So the wait just might be a good time to learn more about humility, submission, patience, endurance, & persistence. Also, trusting God completely! None of this is or will be possible without trusting the Lord every step of the way! Like it goes on to say in Psalms 40:4 ~ Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie!

Let me worship You, Lord, while I wait… drawing others to You!

Rejoicing in Truth!

Carin

2 comments:

Jean Marie Bauhaus @ Daydream Believer said...

I'm your neighbor this week at Holley Gerth's blog. I totally hear you about patience not being a strong suit. I've been in a LOOOOONG season of waiting that God's been using to build up my patience and perseverance, and it's still something I struggle with. And just when it looked like my waiting season was finally over I found out I had to hurry up and wait some more. Whenever I get frustrated or discouraged I think about Joseph and all the years he spent in prison before God finally had him brought before the Pharaoh and delivered. I believe God rewards patience, and there's so much He accomplishes in us in the waiting.

Blessings!
Jean

Lil at Embracing the Lovely said...

I love your One Word for 2017. I need to also practice waiting and waiting in His prescence!