Friday, January 6, 2017

Doubt, Faith, Power…

Learn to doubt my doubt, do not doubt God! I cannot let my past disappointments feed my doubts of today! Faith bigger than my fears!

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” ~ Matthew 17:20


Thinking & praying about what God is calling me to… the marriage retreat, & whatever else He has “up His sleeve.” Will what I have in me be enough? Will all that I have inside me come out, make sense, & really matter? What if I let the power, His power that lives within me come out? It is exhilarating & scary all at the same time!!!

I must learn how to speak… loud, proud, & boldly! This realization is life-changing for me… my words have the ability to move with power, effectiveness & life… because of God’s power living inside me. This is the same power that raised Christ from the dead! Life giving, life raising power! Just think about that!!! I can’t even grasp that!

All that God has placed in me is just waiting for me to let it work out through me! Wow! Christ is in me… He will work through me… I just need to let Him flow!

“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” ~ Colossians 1:27

This is a verse I learned years ago when I went to Lake Ann Camp when I was 11 years old. Never did I fathom what this really meant! To be totally honest, I am only starting to minutely understand it now! Which is probably why I spend so many of my days feeling debilitated & useless.

Ok, so here it is… what if I really believed… God has poured into me His powerful hope that has transformed my life & that through me He can do a work that can impact others’ lives? What if I really believed… people might be able to see Christ through me, changing the world in a supreme way?

As Luke & I prepare for the marriage retreat we are leading in February… He & I have had many conversations about why we have been offered this opportunity… I’ve questioned if we are really up for the “task” set before us. What God is showing me is that He has been preparing us for this… now I need to believe it to be able to see it… walking it out in faith! The steps may be shaky at times, but I know & believe Christ is within me… today I choose to let Him flow through me with the power He has already placed within me!

Rejoicing in Truth!

Carin

No comments: