Monday, July 22, 2013

Treasure & Time...

Two things God put on my heart to share with you today...

~ You are His treasure
~ Time is precious!

I am not totally sure where I am going with this, but those two statements really touched my heart.  I know for myself there are many times I don’t feel like a treasure, but those are the times I am usually looking anywhere besides God for that validation. That only leaves me sad, discouraged & defeated.  What do we do with the things we treasure the most? We keep them safe in a place of honor… maybe not so the world can see it or get to it, but so we know it is highly thought of in safe-keeping.

"You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to You because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. My bones were not hidden from You when I was being made in secret, when I was being skillfully woven in an underground workshop. Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book before one of them had taken place. How precious are Your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are! If I try to count them, there would be more of them than there are grains of sand. When I wake up, I am still with You." Psalms 139:13-18

If we are God’s treasure (and we are) then how should we treat ourselves or each other? It is not the expectation that anyone should treat us like a treasure… it is that we should treat others that way… expect that from yourself not for yourself!  It is about knowing who our Heavenly Father says we are… and believing it!  So that He can use each of us to “buff the shine” into someone else & they can see the treasure they are through Christ.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

Our human bodies may not look like much of a treasure from the outside, but it is the light of God living on the inside that makes the world know this treasure comes from God & has nothing to do with us.

Time is precious... I have spent the last year of my life waiting a lot! The thing is when I actually look back at this time, I have been waiting for something big to come to life, but I also can see all the little ways God has made this time count. I know He holds time in His hands. I also believe that we all have daily appointments assigned by Him, but we have to have a willing heart to take the time & fulfill those assignments! 

Oh, it can be so easy for me to get caught up in my "stuff" & lose track of God's "stuff" for me right now... today! He does want us to dream & plan to a certain extent, but He also does not want us to waste the time He has given us today!  Ouch... that is a little painful for me! I have felt in so many ways my life has been on hold... "I can't do this because..." "If only things were different then..." "I wish I could..." Yes, I have my pity-party moments! But then I am reminded that if I use my time for the "little" assignments... they can turn into big things for God!

"Every day can be an adventure with God if we're not too busy to answer His call." - Sheri Rose Shepherd

I don't know... maybe this was all for me more than anyone else.  But I do hope you received something from God through these words. I made up a word to use lately in my life - God-venture... it is like a God adventure.  You know, it is funny that the definition of "venture" is a risky business that could have a great profit.  Hmmm... that says it perfectly with a lot of faith thrown in! I pray you will let your life be a "God-venture!"

Rejoicing in Truth!

1 comment:

lynns said...

Thanks for directing us to this blog. Love what you say and you.

Lynn2ntsumit