Friday, June 22, 2012

Truth Is...

Have you seen on social websites posts that start off, “Truth is…”?  A few of my friends which happen to be teenagers is mostly where I see these kind of posts.  Since I am not a teenager, I guess the purpose behind it is to see what your friends will say the truth is about you… I think they are hoping for good things that will confirm acceptance from their peers.

So here is a set of “Truth is” for Christ followers.  I don’t know about you but when I need focus in my life… when everything seems upside-down… I have to start with what I know to be the truth.

Truth is… All people want their life to matter.  Especially, as Believers we should be driven with passion to live a fruitful life for Christ.

Truth is… There are three things that are required to have a fruitful life.  First we must be cleansed through the blood of Christ.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9

Truth is… We must abide in Him.  Abide… not really a word we use in our normal everyday language.  What does it mean to abide?  To live; to wait; to endure; to remain. When things are going good, you abide in God… when things are going not so good, you will still abide in God.  No matter the circumstance… we have to abide in Him!  You can be mad at Him… you can feel life is unfair… you can be frustrated or irritated, but one constant must remain… you will abide in Him! Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.” John 15:4

Truth is… Obedience is the outward sign of love for our Savior (John 15:10). In 1 John 5:2-3 in says, We know that we love God’s children when we love God by obeying His commandments. To love God means that we obey His commandments. Obeying His commandments isn’t difficult.”  Its great how it says, “obeying… isn’t difficult,” this is from God’s Word translation… it is really straight forward and to the point… love that!  Obedience is not difficult; it is our flesh that makes it difficult. (Galatians 5:13)

Truth is… Serving the Lord is an incredible privilege! You are good enough and equipped to do it through Jesus Christ! We are God’s hands and feet here on earth, today… think about that… if we are not willing to walk it out or lift a finger to serve in the church we attend, then are we accepting the honor God has given us???

God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

Truth is… I am writing this out of devotion for God.  It is also directed at me as much as it is at any of you.  I don’t know where you are at in serving the Lord, but I challenge you to take that step in obedience. God has empowered each of us to do greater things for Him, but we need to take that first step.  Remember, your help comes from above!

“I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalms 121:1-2

Rejoicing in Truth!


2 comments:

Carin said...

Truth is...Jesus, with all power and authority CHOSE to serve! Following Jesus means receiving this same power to serve. As believers, we are called to be servants of Christ, following the example He set.
Love you!

Carin said...

Even though I do love myself I did not leave that comment above... my dear hubby did! Bless his heart!