Monday, September 12, 2011

Beautifully Broken...

Do you ever have those moments when something is said to you in a joking way, but to you it just feels mean?  I don't have a problem laughing at myself when something is funny, but I don't appreciate being laughed at.  It can be in those times that I may feel ugly, hurt and misunderstood. Do you know what I mean?

Okay, it was in one of those times I came across a devotional entitled, "Beautifully Broken, My Beautiful Warrior," in the book “His Princess Warrior.” It talked about the weakest points in you are the places where God can shine the brightest. He wants to use your brokenness to make you beautiful for His glory. He will rebuild whatever is broken to become more beautiful than we can ever imagine. It talked about Esther and how God took her heartache and brokenness to be used for His glory and actually, if you read the book of Esther... she was used to save a nation.

Let me tell you these words in this book were just what I needed.  God has blessed me with the best hubby in the world... I love, love, love that Luke is the husband God has called him to be. Praise to You, oh Lord!

Here is a prayer for spiritual beauty… I pray for you to see how beautiful God has created you and how He is turning your brokenness into greatness. Believe Him when He says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” I pray you will bring your weakness and brokenness to Him so that He can restore you and turn you into something more beautiful than you could ever be on your own. I pray that all of Heaven’s beauty will shine through you. In Jesus’ name, amen.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11

If you have a hurt you are dealing with right now... let it go... do not let the enemy have his way in this… you are beautiful in God’s sight… He is the only one that you need to validate who you are.

I hope that if you are feeling down or not too beautiful today... these words may be a help to you... let God's glory shine brightest where you feel the weakest.

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: