Thursday, August 4, 2011

Living Life on Purpose...

Is there a major struggle going on in your life? Do you feel like you just cannot take another step?  Are you exhausted from dealing with life?  I know for me there are hurting people all around me… friends that are going through tough times with their health, family, job situation, you name it… people are struggling.
In Joshua 1, there were some tough times going on too… Moses had died and it was Joshua’s time to lead God’s people.  I don’t know about you but that would be a scary predicament to me.  This is what God told Joshua, “Every place upon which the sole of your foot shall tread, that have I given to you, as I promised Moses.” (1:3)  Can you see how God allows every step you take?  He promises to be with you every step of the way… just like He promised Joshua and the children of Israel.  We may not always make the best choices of where we are stepping, but God’s promise still remains.  He says in verse 9, “Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  Are you really aware of that fact at all times?  When hard times come do you take that promise for granted or maybe even forget it?
Did you ever play Hopscotch?  You tossed the stone on the Hopscotch area to see what spot it would land on… that would determine where you could hop and where you couldn’t hop.  I wonder, do I “play” my life out like a game of Hopscotch at times? Do I carelessly pitch a “stone” out there in my life and wait to see where it will land to determine where I will or will not go?  Is that living my life with strength and courage?  Is that living my life with purpose?
When you make a mistake or you forget to do something important… do you ever say, “I didn’t do it on purpose”?  Of course you didn’t do it on purpose, but did you do it with purpose?  God has given us a gift of life and an even greater Gift of eternal life through Christ… I have to ask myself, “Am I doing my best with what He has given me?”  Am I living my life with purpose on purpose?  
Father God, I thank You for the gift of life and for the Gift of eternal life through Your Son.  I thank You for each person that reads this and for Your life changing Word.  I pray each one will feel Your love and embrace as You walk with them each step of the way.  Lord, I pray for guidance and for Holy Spirit to help each of us to live with courage and boldness, no matter the circumstance of life. God I pray for healing of the mind, body and spirit. Thank You for what You are doing and for what You are going to do. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Be happy with what you have because God has said, “I will never abandon you or leave you.” Hebrews 13:5b 
A good life can just happen, but a GREAT life must be lived on purpose!
Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: