Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hmmm, Change...

C-H-A-N-G-E!  I don’t know about you but all my life I have fought against change.  I like the familiar.  I like being in my comfort zone.  I am a “planner”… I am sure some of you can relate.  However, over the last few years God has really worked on me in this area.  He has shown me that my reluctance to change is actually my lack of trust in Him… I have let my fears and insecurities come before my faith in my Almighty Father.

From the moment we are born we are constantly changing, much of what we never even think about because it is just natural.  Some change is enjoyable for me though… changing my hair color… changing my clothes… changing around my furniture.  Those are fun and non earth-shattering changes, but what happens when things are changing around me that I have no control over or even health changes?  What about when God has called me to change something I am doing or maybe starting to serve Him in a different way… what then?

When we are unwilling to change, then we are putting limits on God and the abundant life He has called us to.  I heard someone say recently that we can choose to live our life in pity or in power.  As Believers we have the power of God living inside us, so we are already equipped for change and a life without limits for God.  There is no mountain He cannot move in our lives.  There is no problem that is too big.  There is no heart broken enough that He cannot heal it.  There is no change that He cannot help us through.

Do you want to experience all you can from God in your life?  He wants to bless you in indescribable ways… the only thing that can stop that in your life is your lack of faith or disobedience.  Are you ready to take that first step to accept the change God has asked of you?  Are you ready to have Him open the windows of Heaven for you to pour out a blessing (Malachi 3:10)?  Are you ready to trust Him enough to give you a life greater than you could dare to imagine?

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him… forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21

Now is the time to lift your hands in surrender to the changes God has for you in your life.  You are His chosen child!  He will give you dreams beyond your comprehension.  Will you choose today to live a life for God without limits?  Are you willing to embrace change?  Just remember God created you the way you are, but also that He loves you so much He wants you to keep growing and changing. 

It makes my heart race just thinking of the incredible adventure He wants to share with us… if we are willing to let Him have it all!

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

What has God shown you in your life about change?  Is God doing a work in you… through you?  Is that your desire to be used by Him... wherever He leads through whatever change may come along?

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. Philippians 1:6

There is One thing that never changes and that is God… His Word… His love… His plan for your life. Read Isaiah 40 to see more of how God will stand forever.

Just remember, “If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies!”

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: