Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Break Out of Approval Addiction...

Wanted to share this excerpt from the book, *His Princess Warrior:

Break Out of Approval Addiction
My Princess Warrior, Today I am asking you to search your heart and answer this question: Whom do you seek for approval? Are you living your life for the approval and praise of people, or of Me? I want to save you from exhausting yourself by performing for a world that does not want to praise you. I designed you to desire Me and Me alone. When you choose to live for Me, you will never again be thirsty for attention, because you will be hydrated in My love and adoration for you. Now let Me ask you again, My beloved daughter: Whose praise do you seek?
Love, Your King who seeks after you

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of God. Galatians 1:10

A Prayer to Live for God's Approval
Princess Warrior! I pray that you will find the thrill of knowing your Father in heaven adores you and loves to shower you with praise. I pray you will be forever free from the bondage of needing the praises of people. May your empty cup be filled up daily with God's love. May you be able to pour out His love on others because you are full. May you never forget how much the Lord loves you and how precious you are to Him. In Jesus' name, Amen.

And may the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! Psalm 90:17

I know this spoke to me and I hope it speaks to your heart as well.
Rejoicing in Truth!

*His Princess Warrior, Love Letters for Strength from Your Lord, by Sheri Rose Shepherd

No comments: