Friday, November 6, 2015

Feelin' the Burn... More!

A couple weeks ago, I was thinking how I don't want my passion for the Lord to wane when things are going smoothly... HA! Don't ever think that! Because watch out! God will let things be shaken up a little!!! It is a week now since my dear hubby, Luke, became unemployed. There's not hardly a moment that goes by that I'm not talking to God at this point. Mostly every time the pang of worry wants to play with my mind & emotions... I keep giving it back to Him! Anyway, I came across this post from 2 years ago today & thought it was worth sharing again, because it spoke to me... funny how that happens! And I hope you might get something out of it too! The circumstances are different, but the dependence on God has to remain the same...


Does life have you feeling a little deflated? Be encouraged… you are not alone! I find it so hard to keep perspective sometimes! Being in the “in between” place my hubby & I are in right now, I know we need to keep moving forward & pursuing the next thing in the journey, but then when something, “takes the wind out of your sails,”… it is so HARD!!! I know God knows my heart & He knows I don’t want anything but what He wants for me! I have always had a hard time just rolling with the punches… oh man, is He teaching me a lot in this area!!! I don’t like it, but at the same time I am so thankful He pushes me to be stretched!

You know how when you exercise, which I do every once in awhile, as your muscles work & become contracted… I usually hate every minute of it, but then… when you are done you can stretch. It is a burn that hurts but feels so good all at the same time! That is exactly how I feel with what is going on with me right now. The closer I move towards God… the more I seek Him… asking Him to use my life to glorify Him… the more of a workout I get! It is those little spurts of ~ learning, learning, learning… growing, growing, growing… stretching, stretching, stretching. There are so many times I just want to throw my hands in the air and say, “Enough already! I give!” And then God speaks to my heart & reminds me He created me to be a champion for His glory. It might be in a verse I read, a devotional I come across, the beauty of His creation in nature, or sometimes it is just a text of encouragement from a dear friend.

While we were waiting for our house to sell… I had those moments when things seemed extremely tough. In my flesh I knew I could just stay put where we were at… beautiful house, great friends, all we ever need… but those thoughts never lasted long because I knew what God has called me to. I also knew that if I said “no,” it would be okay because He loves me unconditionally. But I knew too what I could be missing out on… things greater than I could imagine!

“When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk they have secretly set a snare for me.” ~ Psalms 142:3

Read the Book of Esther… what a story! That is one of my favorites in the Bible. I love how God took a plain, orphaned, Jewish girl & used her to save the nation of Israel! Her uncle Mordecai told her she could keep silent & someone else would step in & do what she was asked to do. But he also asked her, if she might have been brought into the position of queen for such a time as this.

“For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” 
~ Esther 4:14

So let me ask you a question, one that I have to keep asking myself… What has God put before you? Has He been preparing you for such a time as this? I know for myself when I seem to lose perspective, I have to go back to the beginning of this journey & remind myself of what my motivation is. And the truth is… it really isn’t about me anyways!

Are you feeling stretched? Does it feel like sometimes you just might snap, like a rubber band?


"God's way is perfect! The promise of the Lord has proven to be true. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in Him. Who is God but the Lord? Who is a rock other than our God? God arms me with strength. His perfect way sets me free. He makes my feet like those of a deer & gives me sure footing on high places. He trains my hands for battle so that my arms can bend an archer's bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of Your salvation. Your help makes me great. You make a wide path for me to walk on so that my feet don't slip" ~2 Samuel 22:31-37

You are created to be a champion to bring Him glory too! What will your next move be?

Rejoicing in Truth!
Carin

No comments: