Monday, October 7, 2013

God's Symphony

On our ride home my eyes were drawn to the gorgeous hues in the tree line.  The trek home leads us through winding, hilly, picturesque views.  The passing landscape led me to think about the seasons… do you realize that autumn is the only season that is prepared for by three previous seasons?  As you can, take these colorful moments of fall in & really soak them up… look hard at the beauty & really appreciate the Master painter that painted each stroke! 

I was thinking how God’s symphony of seasons culminates into a crescendo for the eyes with an explosion of unbelievable vivid color! Although these intensive shades can be quickly fleeting, so I have to learn not to take any of it for granted.

“Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest
sing for joy.” Psalms 96:12

It can be the same with the seasons of life… the “winter” season means death, especially in Michigan… but it is so necessary. “Spring” brings new life… it bursts forth out of the ground after we have made it through the cold, gray winter. Then the “summer” comes along, a season for growth... rain, sun, warmth, & long days prod the advancement along. And finally, “fall”, the final step in life… the time to shine forth in all the glory of how the Creator designed.

Whether you are living through an illness, moving on to a new stage in life, or just trying to figure out this thing called, “life,” you will be in one of these seasons or maybe even multiple seasons at the same time in different areas of your life. For example, we have been waiting for our house to sell… we put it up for sale 15 months ago… that was a long winter, but at the same time, it was a time of growth (spring) for me too. The choice was mine to focus on the economy & the home sale’s estimations or to focus on what God was doing in my heart. These moments of growth (summer) would always lead to the son-shine & the warmth of intimacy with Father. And now, the sale of our house! The end of “winter” in this area & the culmination (fall) of God’s glorious faithfulness!

Of course, now starts another season… I pray this time of finding a new home to fulfill the vision of the dream God has given will not last long. No matter how long this winter lasts, I know my choices of how I deal with it will be where life & growth will happen in my life. Father wants us to always cling to Him… not just in moments of uncertainty! But always!  When it comes right down to it… all of life is uncertain… God is the only thing that is certain!

Once again it brings me back to Isaiah 43:19 ~ “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

 So as we wait on the answer to the offer we put on a house… it is my time to keep preparing for the glorious new season! So that means packing, & sorting!  If I keep my thoughts on God & draw nearer to Him, I have such peace. I feel like He is propelling me into unknown waters but I praise His name that He knows all! He created everything so how can I not trust that He has it all under control???

He is doing a new thing! That is why I feel like these are unknown waters… they are! It can’t be new to me & still be known to me! It is His living water that He is propelling me into! How can I not praise Him??? No matter what is to come!

We are all in those different seasons of life… no matter your situation or circumstance… trust Him! Do you want to keep living the same old life or are you ready to let Him do something new? This can be so excruciatingly hard… I get that, believe me, I get that! But the “reward” for trusting Him more can be so peaceful.  I don’t have all the answers, all I can do is share my experience & the truth God is showing me.

Things I have to keep reminding myself of:
~ God is faithful! (Psalms 33:4)
~ His timing is always best & never close to my timing! (Isaiah 49:8)
~ He will answer my prayers in a way that is best for me to bring Him glory! (Jeremiah29:11-14)
~ He is always near, even when I don’t feel like He is! (Psalms 34:18)
~ The battle is not mine, but God’s! (2 Chronicles 20:15)

I praise You, Lord, for Your glorious creation… the creation in nature & for what You are creating in each of us who choose to follow You!

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: