Tuesday, February 12, 2013

From the Heart... Love is the Key...



"From the Heart"... I have seen and read lately so many things about what you want for Valentines Day or what is the best gift you have received???  I admit I can easily fall into the thought that once a year on the “big heart” day... what you receive shows how much you are loved! 

So then I was reading in Romans 12… Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (12:9-10)  I love to be surprised… I love to be on the receiving end at times, but what would my life look like if I gave instead of waiting to receive???

In John 13:1-17… the scene is the last supper, there is no servant there to wash their tired, dusty feet, so Jesus jumps into action and serves His disciples by washing their feet.  The Savior of the world tied on a towel and gave to His friends in such an intimate way!  It may not be practical to wash a person’s feet but having a listening ear, giving a gentle hug, speaking a word of encouragement... those could be the refreshing water that could cleanse a tired soul.

Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." John 13:14-15
 
It’s not a once a year heart thing… it is an everyday of the year heart thing!  Christ set the example… if we can even grasp a small amount of this how much of a change could we make?  God’s kind of love flows from a loving heart not out of duty or coercion… it is from a joyful heart not from a guilty consciences… it is your choice… what will you do with it?!

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: