Thursday, March 22, 2012

"I'll Be Happy When..."

I just had to share this devotion from the book, Fit for My King by Sheri Rose Shepherd. It speaks right to the heart of things.

“There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.”  Proverbs 14:12

*Before I became a Christian, my life was a book with a sleek and colorful cover, but inside the pages were empty. Each chapter of what looked like my new life had the same title, “I’ll Be Happy When…”

I followed my own personal success strategies, learned by carefully examining the latest research from all the top celebrities on television and in the magazines:

·        Strategy 1:  I had no basis for right and wrong… I just followed my feelings.
·        Strategy 2:  I bought things I didn’t need to impress people I didn’t really care about with money I didn’t have.
·        Strategy 3:  I made excuses and blamed others because it was easier than accepting responsibility for my own actions.
·        Strategy 4:  I refused to forgive those who had hurt me, and I held on to bitterness and resentment.
·        Strategy 5:  My problems, my happiness, my success, and my entertainment consumed me.
·        Strategy 6:  I was anxious for everything and let all my requests be made known to anyone who would listen.

My personal success strategies left me emotionally starving, lonely, and depressed because money, things, worldly success, and beauty could only hide my pain, they could not heal it.  Our ways will never get us what we really want.

God’s plan is the key to being set free from depression, food addictions, eating disorders, and emotional pain

He whom the Son has set free is free indeed!

His Princess Prayer: 
My Lord, How many times I struggle to believe You are truly here with me. Even though You have proved Your presence over and over again, I still allow my heart to doubt. So here I am again, requesting that You will become more real to me than ever before. Please come comfort me once again that I may find my faith in You again. Thank You for Your never-ending patience with Your Princess.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Treasure of Truth ~

He is our strength when we’re weak.
He is our comfort when we’re in pain.
He is our peace when we’re haunted by fear.
He is our healer when our spirit is wounded.
He is our warmth when the world is cold.
He is our power when we need a miracle.   *

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: