Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Disjointed...

Do you ever have those times when everything in your life seems to be disjointed? Disjointed might not be a good word for it, but there are times in my life where something just seems to be off to me.  I am not talking about anything tangible… it is more an uneasiness in my spirit.  Could it be the Holy Spirit trying to show me something that needs to be changed or taken care of?  Or maybe is it the devil just trying to take my focus off the Lord.  I know there have been times in the past when I have had this uneasiness and then later finding out it was something God was working on me about… actually preparing me for something BIG!

I must confess I have the problem of being a “small thinker.”  And there have been many instances in my life that being a small thinker has caused me to limit God’s moving in my path.  God is bigger than we can imagine and He has big things in line for each one of us.  We, as followers of Christ, have His Spirit inside us; so this means we have His power to live a life without limits.  There is no mountain that He cannot move… a problem so difficult that He cannot solve… no broken heart that He cannot heal… no stronghold that He cannot break.  Nothing can keep us from His blessings but our own lack of faith or disobedience.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, Ephesians 3:20

At this point I do not have a definite answer to my “disjointedness.”  I have sought God’s Word… I am praying for clarity… I have searched my heart.  I still have a lot of questions, but what I do know is… I will not let this uneasiness take my focus off the things Father has called me to… I will not live by my feelings… I will do my best not to put God in a box… I choose to trust Him no matter where He leads… and I have His peace.

“ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. Isaiah 55:8

I pray for clarity in your life, as well as mine.  May you truly know that nothing is impossible with Him if you are faithful.  Let life be an adventure with God as your Guide!

Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! Psalms 27:14

For further inspiration read Psalms 27.

Rejoicing in Truth!

No comments: